Sunday 6 May 2012

Out like a light

Well my Cyclone is dead.

It was a close fight, and I mean close. We were both shield tanked, and by the end (when I died) the Hurricane was in around 70% hull. If I had managed to keep my booster going for a few more cycles, I reckon I could have won. Or if I had T2 autos, I think I could have killed him before I died due to the higher ROF (and damage, because I only have Medium Projectile IV). Once again, more skills could have saved my bacon, but the major reason I lost was because I screwed up, not because the ship was badly fit or some other "derp ur doin it wrong" reason

I've been using a medium standard container in my cargo, so I can carry extra cap boosters in it. I reasoned more cap boosters = more shield boosting = survival. The only problem was, you have to move them from the container into your cargo to keep the boosters reloading, otherwise they just sit pretty in the container, and you run out of cap while looking like an idiot. And that's exactly what I did (which you can see in the killmail, as I still had 10 x 800 Cap Booster charges left).

This ship is seriously fun to fly


I rarely use cap-boosters, and when I do they're just in my cargo (I've never needed to load them manually). So I clean forgot halfway through the fight that I would need to keep moving them over, which meant I ran out of cap, lost my tank, and died stupidly close to getting a Hurricane killmail. You can watch my terrible memory here.

Even so, I really enjoyed flying it, and I've already fitted up another. Hopefully this time, I'll remember to keep my boosters topped up :P

2 comments:

  1. I laughed when i saw you spam the shield booster key. I could hear in my head, "OH NOOOOOO!! BOOST! BOOOOOOOOST! MY CAP BOOOOOOSTER!!! HURRY RELOAD!" Kaboom!.

    That was a close fight though, with t1 180 guns no less. You definitely would have won had your boosters reloaded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that was EXACTLY what was going through my head. I was sure I was going to die when I tried to reload them but it was worth trying anyway :P

      Delete