Thursday 6 September 2012

Fatal attraction

Dear reader, I'd like to tell you a little story.

When I first heard about EVE, I decided that capital ships were clearly the most powerful ships in the game, and therefore flying and owning one should be a major priority for me. After reading through several ship descriptions, I decided I wanted a carrier, because I liked the idea of launching hundreds of fighters against a helpless BS fleet and murdering the lot of them.

I bet those of you who know anything about capital ships are having a good giggle at "Noob-Seraph" right now.

Then when I started playing, I found out very quickly that capital ships could not be used solo unless you like having extremely embarrassing lossmails plastered all over the internet. I discovered carriers were only useful as part of a larger fleet, so in my disappointment I angrily declared to my corp (at the time) that Seraph would never fly a capital ship in his EVE life.

Ever.

And I've held myself to that promise so far, and I will continue to do so until I quit EVE, or something similarly "terminal" happens. But that hasn't stopped me wanting to fly a carrier ever since. Watching videos such as "Clarion Call" by Rooks and Kings, seeing my corpmates chat happily about how they're planning to fly a dreadnought/carrier/whatever in a few months, or even just reading comments on forums about how useful capital ships are, has made me want one really bad. But I can't have one. I promised myself, and I like to think that as an honest person, I keep my promises...

But hang on a minute. I have a second account. Technically, I wouldn't be breaking my promise if Zendrak hopped into a carrier...

But what about the training? The cost? The deep, abject fear of losing it in a horrific fiery death of lols and failure? Hell, when or why would I actually fly the damn thing?

But all these questions can't change the one thing I know.

Y U NOT MINE   D;

Archons are freakin' sexy.


Fly safe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment